If I ever feel that those words go with any idea I have involving my kids playing nicely again, I really should get my head checked. You know you all have had those same thoughts:
* They're playing so nicely right now, I totally have time to read some blogs.
* They've already eaten and are off doing something else, I'll eat now and they'll leave me alone.
* I just sent her to quiet time, so she'll leave me alone while I work out.
Any many, many others. I didn't fit my work out in today because I wasn't thinking and had Cambri in quiet time in the basement...with my elliptical. I would normally put her on the couch on the main floor with the portable DVD player, but that is only when my brain is functioning. I didn't want to move her, either, for fear she would decide that I need to spend quiet time with her or some other crazy idea of hers.
So while I was cleaning (I was actually productive during naptime/quiet time today...impressed?), I decided that it would be perfect for me to take them to the track with a ball and other fun things and I could run while they played nicely together. We played outside all morning and they were great so why not again? This is where my plan went south. I'm pretty sure my girls can read my mind.
We got to the track and had to wait for the middle school kids to get out of school. Sidenote: We got there after 3 and they were still walking around the track. What time do these kids get out of school? I was out of school by 2:30 when I was in middle school. But I digress. When they finally left (3:25), I brought the girls into the track and walked up to where I like to start and suddenly Kate comes running (as much as her little tank of a body would allow) to me saying "hold you, hold you."
What? Since when does she care about me holding her RIGHT NOW. She then proceeded to wrap herself around my legs and cry for me to hold her. It was as if I was dropping her off at the crazy cat-lady's house. So, being the wonderfully sympathetic mother that I am, I threw the ball into the middle of the field and told Cambri to play with Kate and off I ran. Kate tries her hardest to follow and Cambri cuts across the grass yelling "Mom! I have to tell you something." I ignore it, ignore Kate's pitiful attempt to catch me and keep going. But you can only do that for so long before Cambri meets me on the other side of the grass and asks, "Hey, can we go to the cookie store?" And then I catch up to Kate is has been crying so hard she's close to hyperventilating. So I stop. One stinkin' lap is all I got.
I'm never thinking they're going to play nicely again. And I'm hoping that I don't gain five hundred and thirty-seven pounds with this pregnancy because my lack of brain activity.
2 comments:
Your posts are great and I knew you were pregnant. There were pictures a while back that I could have sworn you were wearing a maternity shirt. But then I thought you never keep secrets and always tell when your like a minute pregnant so what gives this time? So happy for you though I just cant catch up I will accept it.
WHY, WHY, WHY does it always happen that way. You go feeling like you are going to do something good for yourself and they won't let you. Let me know when you go to the track again and I will come with you. Maybe our kids can entertain each other.
Post a Comment