So Adam is the executive secretary in our ward which means that he knows who is going to be asked to certain callings before they do. You would think I would've gotten the heads up from him that I was going to get another calling. Yeah, you would think.
Last Sunday we were asked to meet with the 2nd Counselor in the Bishopric and I really didn't know what was going on, and definitely didn't think it had anything to do with me specifically. Had I been prepped for this meeting it wouldn't have gone like this:
2nd Counselor: We would like to give you another calling.
Me: Oh, really?
2nd Counselor: Yes. We'd like you to be the Ward Camp Director.
Me: Don't you have to be more mature for that?
2nd Counselor: *just staring*
Me: Oh, right. Okay. I'll do it.
I don't usually like to shout out that I don't believe I'm as mature as I should be, but when I'm caught off guard, it can't be helped. So there you have it. I'm the Ward Camp Director and since our Stake is crazy, this summer the wards are all having their own separate camps. Translation: I literally have to plan the whole thing all on my own. Do you remember how I went to camp all of one time? Oh, you didn't know me back then? Well, I only went one time. I think I'm getting it back now.
7 comments:
I think that you'll be great for this calling. If it helps at all Chris F. is VERY knowledgable when it comes to girls camp. Maybe you can pick her brain.
ha ha ha!! Thats awesome! Oh i remember girls camp with you!! Not the best year. You will do great! Good luck! AMY
You will be great -- I think I do have a vague memory of you being an inactive camper in Reno. But those girls will LOVE having you there.
haha serves you right
woah...I assume camp is in the early summer, so that doesn't leave you much time! Well, hopefully your camp will have running water, showers and bathrooms. Those always make it nice (well, nicer I guess). My first year at camp we showered with river water, dug our own toilets and camped next to a swamp (which always have mosquitoes and alligators)...It still made for a good time.
Wow. No heads up. Perhaps Adam suggested the calling for you... but I doubt it. Good luck with that!
Jill, I found your blog today and have to say that I for one am glad that you accepted your new calling. You are already off to a great start. And don't blame Adam, it was all my fault! From: your favorite YW president ;)
Post a Comment