Tuesday, October 02, 2007

A Little Easiness in my Life

I decided that this week was the week to potty train my sweet Cambri. I have been putting it off for awhile now because my sisters have told me that the older they are, the easier it is. So I put it off. But I decided that this week was the week since the weekly lunch with my sisters is at my house and this weekend is General Conference--thus we're not going anywhere. Can I just say that this is SO MUCH EASIER than I could have ever imagined. There isn't a lot that easy with Cambri. She's a free spirit with a strong personality. But this has been a piece of cake. In the past two days we have had 1 accident--which happened while we were playing outside. And I don't even make her sit on the toilet for forever (although I did yesterday morning). She just tells me she needs to go and then goes into the bathroom all on her own. Can it really be this easy? I told her that after every time she goes to the bathroom in the toilet she can have a cupcake. So the first time she did it she told me that I had to put a candle on it and sing Happy Birthday to her. So here's a picture of her 1st "Happy Birthday" potty training party. That girl is crazy!

And speaking of crazy--the other day Adam said, "Cambri, you're crazy." To which she replied, "I'm not crazy, Dad. Janelle's crazy." And for those of you who know my sister Janelle, know that's the truest statement she could have made.

And here's a picture of the girls playing the piano. They absolutely love to play, especially together. I hope they always get along this well!

7 comments:

Anson Gessel Pho+ography said...

Go Cambri!! Good work! You will love it when you are in a store and they yell out "Mom I have to go poo poo, right now!" I always get a few laughs from the people around:)
Jill I love your blog. Cambri and Kate are so adorable and Cambri is so intelligent. You are a great mommy! Cut yourself some slack! Who's child is perfectly behaved? It's just the mom's pretending their kids are perfect to recieve some sort of glory... love ya AMY G.

Anonymous said...

I hope it always stays this easy! It probably means that she was ready for it. Hooray! Good job, Cambri!

The Paulks said...

Congratulations you guys! Oh my gosh, I'm so proud! THat's funny, because Maddy has been working on it this week too. I'm not as dedicated as you though. She has successfully gone about 5 times, thanks to the chocolate treats she gets. Oh, I'm so happy for you guys! Hooray for panties!

Jan said...

I think that's exactly what it means -- that she was ready and your timing was perfect. Yay for you! What a gift.

Rachel said...

I'm glad it's been easy, I hope it goes well with Sabrina, but I got a ways till I need to worry about that. I love the picture of your girls playing the piano together. and Happy Birthday Cambri!

Anonymous said...

That picture of Kate at the piano is pretty funny. She looks like she just woke up. Are you trying to make her a piano prodigy child?

Brandon and Natalie said...

Congratulations Cambri! It sounds like she is doing great! I personally think it is all about the timing and it sounds like she was ready! Hooray Cambri!