Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Crazy Morning

We should probably start with last night since that's when the madness really started. Kate decided last night that sleeping was for the birds and woke up just about every 2 1/2 hours which means that I was up with her. I just fed her and she went right back to sleep, so it shouldn't have been too bad. However, my body decided that falling asleep was also for the birds and I didn't always fall back to sleep in between my meetings with Kate. Cambri was up as a pup at 7, which crushed any hope I had of sleeping anymore. So I change Kate's diaper and put my contacts in and we were ready to face the day. Cambri wasn't quite emotionally ready for me to change her diaper so we go downstairs to eat (Cambri's favorite thing to do first thing in the morning). Cambri spills her breakfast all over the floor and that combined with some mysterious yellow liquid that had spilled and dried sometime after I went to bed and sometime before I got up meant that I had to wash the floors (on my hands and knees since mops don't really work). Once I finished with that I went and got Kate, who had been crying for about half the time I was washing the floor,changed her clothes since they were drenched with spit up, and we headed downstairs to finally change Cambri's diaper. Lucky for us, she was extremely hydrated and had wet completely through her diaper, both layers of pajamas, and into the couch. I did not realize the couch was soaked until I picked Kate up after changing Cambri and Kate was completely wet...with urine. Lovely. So we head back upstairs to change Kate's clothes and wash her off a little bit. Once finished there we go back downstairs to find Cambri has locked herself in the one room in our house that cannot be opened from the outside without taking the door handle off. But of course I cannot find a screwdriver anywhere and Adam is in a meeting and I can't get a hold of him. So I have Cambri locked in a dark bathroom crying because she can't get out and Kate crying because I'm running around like a maniac trying to find a screwdriver. Luckily I found one, got Cambri out and was able to feed Kate. And even more lucky was the fact that Kate finally pooped (she doesn't do this very often) up and out of her diaper meaning she's in her third outfit of the day and it's not even 11. I hope all the drama for today is over, otherwise I might just run away!

3 comments:

Liz said...

that was so refreshing to read! now, i don't have two kids to take care of but some days end up about like that. I'm also glad to hear that kate decided to wake up every 2 1/2 hours because sometimes Cal decides to do that too and I have no idea why. anyway, i hope your afternoon is a little better than your morning!!

Anonymous said...

I cant believe it! Your baby isnt a baby anymore! And you have another little one! So cute!
On your settings you have it set so that if links to your profile they cant get in the site. You can change that in your settings.
Im so glad that you found me, what a fun way to stay in touch!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

That sounds like a wild morning! Man, I couldn't imagine waking up every 2 1/2 hours. We are lucky, the twins sleep through the night and have so for about a month. Hopefully today will be better.