Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Out With The Old

I made this blanket for Cambri in September of 2005. It was the first sewing project that I ever took on and it turned out pretty good. My friend Logan helped me tie it and then was nice enough to put the back on. Cambri immediately took to this blanket and it began coming everywhere with us. She would suck her fingers and twirl the "things" (yarn ties) with her fingers for comfort. It began to be a little too loved and started literally falling apart everywhere. After much discussion, we went and picked out some new fabric and now we have a brand new blanket. The goodbye was not nearly as hard as I thought it was going to be. But she will be receiving this blanket as a gift for her first baby.


She loves this one just as much. Who couldn't when it's covered in princesses?

3 comments:

Logan said...

I love it! I remember tying that first one with you when she was just a baby!

Jackson Family said...

I love the new blanket, but I love the old too, I remember seeing her everywhere with it! It reminds me of Sabrina's stuffed beloved dog.

The new big girl princess blanket is adorable though.

Janelle said...

Great job girlfriend. I'm glad she was okay with the trade-in.