You all might remember this post I did about my dad last year. Well, here are few more reasons why my dad is awesome--and not one of these reasons has anything to do with the fact that he never once kicked me out of the house. Okay, so he did do it, but just the one time.
1. When he was in high school he got a job during the same time of his English class.
2. Yes, I wrote that last one correctly.
3. When I was in high school he let me have my fair share of "mental health" days where I just couldn't go to school.
4. He also picked me up right before an assembly so I didn't have to attend.
5. He took me movie-hopping.
6. My mom still isn't happy about that one.
7. He took me to a steak dinner for every year in high school I didn't have a boyfriend.
8. He took me to a steak dinner on the night of prom.
9. During his last semester of college he had to take 21 credits (which he wasn't allowed to do) and get a 4.0 to graduate.
10. He did that. Without buying a single book for any of the classes.
11. He doorbell ditched my ex-boyfriend's new girlfriend.
12. He still doesn't know how to use a computer.
13. Because he still thinks his typewriter is better.
14. And he really did kick me out of the house, but it was only to go up to BYU early. Sorry, not nearly as dramatic as you all thought.

Happy Father's Day, Dad!
P.S. Mom or Michael will have to pull this up so that he can see it. Seriously, he doesn't even know how to turn a computer on.
1 comment:
Your dad is wonderful -- loved the info about him.
Post a Comment