Sunday, November 02, 2008

Surprise Sunday

I'll be honest. I was kind of dreading going to church today. Not because I didn't feel like going, but because I have received one too many "You still haven't had that baby yet"s and I didn't want any more. I realize I haven't had this baby. Trust me. Every time I try to sleep I realize I haven't had it yet. Or when I sit down. Or when I get up. Or when I roll over. Or when I put on clothes. Trust me. I'm well aware of the fact this baby hasn't come yet. Hence my not wanting to go today.

But guess what. It turned out to be awesome. How could it not when these are the only things I heard today:

You tell me when I can come bring you dinner.
Drop your girls off at my house after you have that baby.
I'm so excited to see what you're having (apparently I didn't let them know it was a baby).

I can definitely make it until this baby comes now. Assuming I don't have stand up, sit down, roll over, sleep, or get dressed.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm glad you had a good Sunday. I never have a chance to talk to you it seems, but I want to wish you the best of luck with your delivery. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Tom Rod said...

Whoa, you're having a baby!!

Seriously, don't worry about calling us to tell us what you have or anything--word travels fast in the Roderick family.

Good luck. We'll be keeping you in our prayers. Also, we'd love to watch the kiddos while you make Christmas cookies (a little early I know--but hey, it's good to call dibs!).

Vanessa said...

We can't wait to meet the new little Roderick:) Good Luck and hope you go as fast as you did with the other 2!

Jan said...

What? You're pregnant?

I love it that people are prepping to take care of you and your family -- we are seeing so much love and help here and it totally makes me want to do better at helping new mamas too.

You're almost done!

Janelle said...

blah blah blah.....where are your Halloween pictures?

Jentch said...

So glad people were nice. I hate going to church those last days as well. Especially because I alway look so much further a long and I never go on my own early so everyone thinks I am so overdue. Your almost there!

Kat Fleming Nielsen said...

Jill you are so funny! I miss you, and I wish I lived closer to you.