Friday, November 14, 2008

How am I Not Crazy Yet?

This scenario will drive me insane sometime in the near future. It has to--I can feel it.

Me: Cambri, will you please put your shoes on?
Cambri: Yeah. (goes in her room)

5 minutes later...

I walk into her room to find her reading books.

Me: Cambri, are your shoes on?
Cambri: I'm doing it. Hold on.

5 minutes later...

I find her on her bed with her blanket.

Me: Cambri, why aren't your shoes on?
Cambri: I'm doing it.

2 minutes later...

She is now playing with other toys.

Me: Cambri, will you please put your shoes on now?
Cambri: Ugh! Yes, I will!

2 minutes later...

Still no shoes on.

Me: Cambri, put your shoes on right now.
Cambri: Mom, you don't have to yell at me. If you ask nicely I'll do it.

And this, is why I will be driven to insanity.

11 comments:

Rachel said...

You have more patience than me. You asked her 5 times nicely, I would have already been yelling and threatening to spanke. I have nearly zero patience lately!

B said...

Alright, where did you hide the tape recorder in our house? No seriously, I think I have that conversation about a million times everyday. Sadly, sometimes it is with my husband too...

John and Laura said...

And that is precisely why I am NOT having kids. No, seriously.

Jan said...

Oh, yeah. "Mom, why are you yelling at me?" "Because I have asked nicely a zillion times!!!"

Ack. I hear you.

Unknown said...

I don't even know what to say. I know exactly how you feel. :) *Sigh*

Amy said...

Oh that sounds all too familiar!

Aimee said...

Oh man. Story of my life...

Anonymous said...

Just gotta put my shoes on!

Brandon and Natalie said...

The joys of a preschooler!! That is the same story in this household too.

Brandon and Natalie said...

The joys of a preschooler!! That is the same story in this household too.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh. this is hilarious.