Sunday, September 28, 2008

Wal-Mart Strikes Again

We moved Kate into a big girl bed (another post entirely) and we figured it'd be a good idea to buy a plastic sheet to put over her new mattress. Yes, you read that right. We actually bought something new for our house. Heart be still!

So I go into Wal-Mart and look over the ENTIRE sheets aisle and no plastic sheets. No slot where said sheets would be if they had, say, run out. No sign of any plastic sheets. I mosey on over to the kids bedding aisle and, yet again, nothing. I spend the next 6 hours trying to find someone that works there and when I finally do our conversation goes as follows:

Me: Where are the plastic mattress sheets?
Worker: Oh, you mean to go over a table?
Me: No, to go over a mattress.
Worker: Um, I don't know.
Me: Is there anyone that would know?
Worker: Yeah, but she's not here right now.

One employee on the entire Wal-Mart staff knows where the plastic mattress sheets are. Definitely don't let that one get away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey -- instead of the plastic sheet I use this rubberized fabric. It's soft like flanel on the outside and the center is a rubber-like layer. If you ask at Joann (or another general fabric store (..maybe Walmart...)) they can point it out to you. Just get it cut to cover the top of the mattress (or most of it, we cover the center) and when it gets wet you just throw it in the washer and dryer with the sheets. Just get two cut and you're good to go. :)

Brandon and Natalie said...

How frustrating! That is why our mattresses here for our kids have the plastic outside instead of the fabric.

Good old Walmart and their customer service.

Jan said...

Oh, we all love Wal-Mart. Nothing more to add. Just that -- in a tone of total sarcasm. (I know you already knew that.)