Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Go Rapids!

Last weekend we went to see the Rapids' opening game against the LA Galaxy. For those of you who don't follow soccer, the Galaxy has David Beckham (English soccer player) and Landon Donovan (plays on the United States soccer team). The Rapids were without a huge majority of their starters, but they still ended up winning 4-0. A great time was had by all. Except for the people sitting in front of us. They came in from out of town to watch the game but didn't stay for the whole thing since the Galaxy was down by so much. I don't know what they did after, but it probably involved more drinking. I'm just sayin'.

Here are a few pictures that we took--most without the zoom. We were extremely close to the players and had I felt like walking down to that gate, I could've stolen some sweat from right under their armpits. I didn't though, because I have my own sweat, I don't need to be stealing any.

Here is a super blurry picture of Landon Donovan. My camera is not "awesome" so I wasn't able to get the pictures I wanted. You know, like one of their faces that isn't blurry.
Here is a blurry one of the back of David Beckham. My favorite part of this picture is the dude with the beard in the lower left hand corner. That's a sweet beard.

After the game, the players walked up those stairs and hung out on the little balcony for awhile. While Beckham was up there he, like, totally took off his shirt! The funniest part was that I wasn't even paying attention and then I suddenly hear a bunch of squealing from girls all around me, so I turn around to see what they were squealing for and low and behold--David Beckham's tattoos for everyone to see. He is a good looking guy, except when he shows off his tattoos. Then he just looks like a smelly guy. Does anyone else agree that the more tattoos a person has the smellier they look?

7 comments:

Jan said...

amen sista. I think that tatoos make you look very smelly indeed.

Adam said...

Nah, he's not that good looking

Katie Rod said...

I also agree that tattoos increase the stink factor, but I have to disagree with Adam on this one (I guess we are all entitled to our own opinions...wrong or right!).

Greg and Tammy said...

Oh la la. I'd like to see David Beckam without his shirt on. I think I could get over the tatoos. :) FYI, I really enjoy reading your blog. You are very funny and I get a laugh. Love the Easter pics and all the cute stories of your little girl. Congrats on the foil idea. Sounds ingenius. We had foil on our Provo windows and basked in our white trash glory. :)

Liz said...

go jayhawks!

Anonymous said...

I don't think tatoos make you smelly. Well, I guess it depends on the tatoo. Tatoos of rotting cheese, yes, that definitely leaves a sour taste in your mouth, but a tatoo of potpourri or maybe a tatoo of a pina colada on the sandy beaches of Sandals, Jamaica? No way. Only sweet smells there.

I have to agree with Adam. He's not very good looking. I mean, seriously, what do chiseled abs and biceps really say about a guy? That he's good looking? No, how about that he spends all his time worrying about his weight or playing video games.

Tell Adam to get in touch with me. I lost his email and cell number.

The Bentley's said...

fun jill:) i like the bearded man too.... and i would bet the people in front of you did go out drinking:)... just a guess???