Kate--Almost 17 months
1. Kate loves, loves, loves to talk. She talks just about as much as Cambri and me, although most of it is gibberish. She picks up new words all of the time and says around 50-60 words--some of which crack us up. She says, "I did it" whenever she accomplishes a task, "mine" whenever Cambri comes near to take a toy, and shakes her head and says, "no" in a long, drawn out, almost sad tone of voice. Quite funny. She also tells us whenever she's poopy, which is very helpful.
2. Loves to be a runaway. Anytime we go into her room to get her dressed, she runs off into the corner and cracks up--since she's so funny. And when we're getting into the car, she runs to the driveway laughing. It's hilarious to run away from people, I suppose.
3. Absolutely will not eat anything once she has spotted a treat. If there is dessert for after dinner, we have to be extra careful to not let her see it, otherwise she won't touch her dinner. Oh yes, and she was able to recognize and say "treat" when she was 15 months. As you can tell, we're very strict on healthy eating over here.
4. Loves books. She is usually following me around the house holding a book saying, "book, book" until I finally give in and read it to her. If by some strange turn of events she gives up on having me read one to her, she sits down and reads it to herself. I really should record this because it's so funny and I can't really explain it. She roars every time there's an animal and the rest of the time she talks a very entertaining gibberish.
5. She loves to carry around purses. We have a few in our house and she'll carry them around and fill them with lots of random things. Adding to this girly part of her world, she also loves babies. She'll come to me and say "night night" and then put the baby (which is any doll or stuff animal) in the little baby crib we have. The babies also always have to have a blanket over them. She's very considerate.
6. For a span of about a week or so every animal except cows said, "roar." And she gives a great roar. What does a monkey say? Roar! What does a pig say? Roar! What does a cow say? Moo. She has learned a few more animals and what they say, but when she doesn't know, she reverts back to the good ole standby "roar!"
7. Copies everything that Cambri does and tries to copy everything she says. For example, Cambri gets off of her chair (from their little table), goes to touch something on the couch, then immediately gets back onto the chair. Kate gets off of her chair, walks over to the couch, then goes right back to her chair. When I say she copies everything, I mean everything. When Cambri starts to yell and use a mean tone of voice, Kate does as well. Then Cambri tells on Kate for "saying rude things." Ah, the circle of life.
8. Kate is such a sweet, cuddly, loving little thing. She says, "I love you" and hugs my leg, or when I pick her up she'll wrap her arms around me neck and just sit there for a few seconds. When Cambri is crying about something, Kate will go find Cambri's blanket and give it to her. When I was watching my sister's kids one time, every time the younger one (who is 5 weeks younger than Kate) started to cry, Kate would bring him his blanket. For being so little, she's very aware of the feelings of those around her.
Cambri--3 years old
1. Is able to buckle herself into her booster seat all by herself. This is something new this week and I love it. It makes life much easier for me and now Cambri can sit in the back of the van like she has always wanted. She is also able to completely dress herself, although she does occasionally have issues getting shirts to go over that huge noggin of hers. But you can't blame her, because I have a hard time getting shirts over it as well.
2. Loves to learn and is currently very interested in trying to read words--when she's in the mood. She knows all of her letters, both uppercase and lowercase, and also knows what sounds they make. She will not be taught by me, though. If I try to get her to learn something, she absolutely refuses. How did she learn it then? The TV. Love those educational videos.
3. She has definite thoughts about what she does and does not want to do. She has learned (a little to quickly for my liking) that she no longer has to do what I tell her to or anything else if she doesn't feel like it. Her response to when I ask her why she's not doing something--"because I don't want to."
4. Loves to cuddle as well. She never sat with me when she was younger, but within the past few months, she loves to sit on my lap or lay by me in bed. It absolutely makes her day when I tell her that I'm taking a nap with her. Then when we do lay down to take a nap, she snuggles up close to me and strokes my face.
5. Is obsessed with monsters--to the point of scaring herself. The other day after waking up from a nap, she nudged me (hey, a girl's gotta nap, too) and said, "Mom, there's a man's head in your closet." She also told Janelle that she saw two men in the bedroom of Janelle's basement. She's completely scared of the dark (a nightlight and the hallway light on ALL night), yet she continues to make these crazy things up to scare herself. Who knows.
6. Obsessed with eating, to the point where I've started to worry. She constantly asks me to eat, even if we've just finished a meal. It's very strange and you can't really see how weird it is until you're with her and see it. Especially when she just wants the food in front of her and won't eat it.
7. Is definitely the early bird that catches the worm. I've started getting up early in the morning to work out and when I come upstairs she's already awake in her bed. This is at 6:15 in the morning, mind you. So I have no idea what time she actually wakes up, but it's just crazy early for me. One time she slept in until 7 and I thought she might have died. Seriously. She NEVER sleeps in.
8. Loves, loves, loves gum. Her Grandpa Bentley sends her a card in the mail with a band-aid and gum about once a month and it makes her day. She asks for gum about 5 times a day and really does chew it until she gets tired of it. No swallowing it for this chick.
I tag Briahna (I know I keep tagging you, but I know that yours would be hilarious since Greyson is such a crack up), Angie, and Lucy. Love ya, guys!
3 comments:
Love those girls!
Loved reading about your girls -- they are funny, smart and adorable.
I loved reading about those girls! So cute! I wish we lived closer. I think Hyrum and Cambri would still be great pals.
Post a Comment