Well, problem solved. I copied an idea from a friend and put foil up in the girls' window and wallah--it's 7:36 and they're BOTH still sleeping. Their room is pitch black and it's awesome. From the outside we look a little white trash, but it's the same story from the inside of the house, too, so I probably shouldn't care.
Now, if only I could actually do something productive during this newfound freedom of mine.
6 comments:
Who cares what it looks like from the outside?? We have had light issues in our bedroom too -- we have small windows above the big ones that weren't covered and the back neighbors always left their lights on and it made me furious. So we ordered blinds to match the ones below -- and now I get to sleep in a dark room. Love it!!
What time do they get up now?
What a great idea! I never tried foil... We put big slabs of cardboard in our kids' windows when it's time to sleep, because Richard was staying up until 9:00 and getting up at 6:30. He was a HORRIBLE grump and I couldn't take it. Now, he still has a hard time going to sleep, but he doesn't wake up until 9:00 if I don't wake him earlier.
Addison has black sheets in her room for same reason. In Boise during summer it does not get dark until 10:00pm so became a must. Has worked wonders although when we travel also have to make the room dark or else she wont sleep.
Are you kidding me!? That's awesome, I'm going to try it. Got any tips for making them take longer naps?
FOIL? You mean First, Outter, Inner, Last?
Post a Comment