Monday, January 21, 2008

Whatever Happened To...

TGIF? I sat down on Friday night after the girls went to bed hoping to find something good on TV. I had no idea what was on (no cable + writer's strike = no TV watching for us) but I thought something would be on. I was sorely disappointed. What happened to all of the good shows like "Just the Ten of Us" and "Perfect Strangers?" I remember sitting down with my family every Friday night and watching these shows while making donuts. These are awesome memories that I had since we were all there to enjoy the shows that were on. I'm thinking that I won't be able to do the same thing with my family, which is a little sad--I suppose we'll just have it invest some good DVD's or something. Any suggestions for good movies?

5 comments:

Janelle said...

I suggest that you quit wasting your time in front of the tv and finish painting that room, then post some pictures so everyone can see what you've been up to. That is my suggestion.

The Paulks said...

We have the same problem at our house, unfortunately.

You know how to make donuts? You shouldn't have let that cat out of the bag... :)

Rachel said...

I guess we don't seem to have that problem too often, sorry. We DVR all the new and old episodes of shows we like, (like house, psych, and mythbusters) and a bunch of old movies, and hallmark and abc family movies. So, we always have a huge DVR list with a ton of choices. But, if we do ever sit down and try to watch something that isn't recorded, there is absolutely nothing on worth watching--I agree.

But, hey I want to try your donuts!

oh, and have you seen "The ultimate gift" We just watched that last night, and I loved it.

Homer said...

Flyboys is my new favorite movie.
There's all the drama and comedy stuff you missed available for free download. That's what the writers want more money from.

Anonymous said...

Uh, correction. You guys watched the shows and I made the donuts.