Sunday, January 06, 2008

She's 3!

We celebrated Cambri's birthday in Reno and Colorado this year, which was perfectly fine with the birthday girl. In Reno my mom threw a fabulous My Little Pony party (still trying to convince her to be my party-planner for everything) for some of my extended family that was in town. She had a great time with everybody there and absolutely loved all of the attention. She kept telling everybody it was her birthday and that she lived in Colorado. But my favorite quote of the day?

Cambri and I are on our way to the bathroom because she said she needed to go.
Cambri: How come Daddy isn't coming?
Me: Because this is a bathroom for girls only. Daddy's not a girl, so he can't come in.
Cambri: looking down, covering her eyes, and in a crying voice But it's my birthday.

My parents got her her very own digital camera. It's made especially for kids so she can't break it and it really does take pictures. She loves it and has now stopped trying to take ours all over the house while taking pictures of nonsense. My favorite part about her turning three is now I say things like, "you're three now, you can do that all by yourself." It's a beautiful, beautiful world.

The set up for the party.
The cake and other things on the table at the time the picture was taken.
Attempting to blow out the candle. It only took her about 5 tries and approximately 2 gallons of spit on the cake before she was successful.
Cambri and her booty.
This has nothing to do with Cambri's birthday, but aren't they cute?

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Sweet Cambri, you scored! Lots of fun presents, make sure you upload some of your new photos you take!

Cassie said...

Happy, happy, birthday Cambri dear. Happy days will come to you all year. If I had a wish that it would be, a happy, happy birthday to you from me (us)! Yay what a fun party. That was a cute comment that Cambri made for daddy. Daddys always like to here things like that. I guess your doing a good job Adam. :)

Janelle said...

Mom rocks at planning birthday parties. It looked great. Cambri is such a big girl, keep the funny comments coming.

B said...

What a great family!

Jan said...

Can you believe that she's 3 already? And that camera -- we got our little Daniel one of those for Christmas and he LOVES the thing. These pics are so cute!

Jenae said...

This brings me back to the good ole days at BYU in the classroom above the track when you were pregnant... I don't think I will put the rest of the story because I'm not sure who reads your blog. You made class a lot more fun!! Anyway... Happy Birthday Cambri!!!

Amy said...

Yay for three year olds! That cake is incredible!!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Cambri! I can't believe that she is three years old!! What an adorable "big" (three makes you big, right?) girl!