Saturday, October 13, 2007

Sisters

I love having sisters. There is definitely something different about the sister relationship and it's awesome. My sisters are my best friends. I love that my girls are sisters and will always have that relationship.
Why sisters are the best:

1. No matter how close you are with any friend, you can't tell them that they are bugging the tar out of you and then decide where you're going out for lunch.
2. Only with sisters can you call them at 3 in the morning to ask a favor and know that you're not bothering them.
3. You can cut out the small talk in a phone conversation so you can get to the real reason why you called.
4. You never have to have a reason to call.
5. The comment, "You weren't that big the last time I saw you," doesn't hurt your feelings.
6. You can ask for advice on anything and know that you're not being judged.
7. You know that no matter what you do or say, they won't talk about you behind your back.
8. You can end a phone conversation with "I'm tired of talking to you," and know that it's not going to cause hurt feelings.
9. You get called on it whenever you're being a baby about something.
10. You always know they'll be there for you, no matter what.

These are just some of the reasons why I love my sisters. I love my brothers, too, (yes, even Michael at times) but the relationship is different. For all of you who have sisters, you know what I'm talking about. For those of you who don't have sisters--you're totally missing out. There is nothing like the sister relationship! I wish that I had a picture of all of my sisters, but I'm super lame. So maybe Janelle will email one if she has it and then I can put it up on here (hint, hint).

2 comments:

Jan said...

I have only one sister and she is my favorite! She's awesome and I understood every word you said about sisters. You're lucky to have several!

Anonymous said...

sorry, no pictures on my computer, and no scanner = no picture of all your sisters. Scan that one of all of us in overalls. And thanks for singling out my comment, like nobody else ever says anything that sounds rude.