Tuesday, October 30, 2007

The Camster

Today I had the wonderful opportunity to have a migraine...again. When this happens, I load up on Tylenol, put Kate down for a nap (even if she's not quite ready for one), stick a movie on for Cambri and try to go to sleep. I usually don't get to sleep, though because most of the time Cambri just can't stop talking to me. I can tell that she knows she shouldn't, but she just can't help herself. Much like when I do the same thing to Adam every single night. Today was totally different, though. She was such a sweet little thing and let me sleep and every so often she would reach over and pat my head. Then when Adam got home she made sure that he knew what I wanted for dinner and she had to come up and eat with me in my room to make sure that I was still doing okay. She was an absolute sweetheart today and I just loved it. Normally she's a little pill and loves doing anything she knows she shouldn't, but for some reason her sympathy light turned on and she was absolutely perfect. Have I ever mentioned that I love this little girl?

Here are a few funny things that she's done and said lately, just because they're funny.

Me: You need to get your little bum upstairs and get dressed so you can go outside
Cambri: I don't have a little bum. I have a big bum, just like you.

(Trying many stall techniques)
Cambri: Can we have family night tonight?
Me: No, it's not Monday. We already had family night this week.
Cambri: Can you read me lots of books?
Me: No, I will read you one book and then it's bed time.
Cambri: Can we read the Book of Mormon?
Me: Yes.
Cambri: Can we read the whole thing?

(On one of our walks)
Cambri: Mom, are there any cars coming?
Me: I don't see any.
Cambri: Don't go in the street with cars. It's dangerous. You have to do it carefully.

She wanted to do the lesson for family night last night so we let her. She said it was on Jesus and this was it to the best that I can remember.

"Jesus likes to cook and he makes us dinner. He stirs and makes it and then we eat him. Jesus is a nice guy. He loves me and Mommy, and Daddy, and Kate. And then he makes us dinner."

When I told her that it was time to do her hair she said:
"Don't do a ponytail or braid it. Just brush it softly and leave it alone."

We were having issues with her pooping in the toilet so I told her that we could go to the zoo and ride the train and carousel. So she decided that she finally wanted to do it and as she was trying to go (it had been so long that it was a little harder for than other times) she kept chanting to herself, "go to the zoo, go to the zoo."

She's such a funny little person and I wish that everybody could see her in action. Other times I'll say that she's trying to send me to the funny farm, but for right now I'm saying she's my perfect little angel.


This is Adam's brother, David, whom Cambri absolutely LOVES. In fact, she informed me today that she likes David and Randell the best and that Chris is her uncle. Sorry Michael, looks like you're the loser uncle now.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, looks like I should just give up on her and start fresh with the other one..

Jan said...

What a sweetheart! I'm sorry about the migraine -- but how cute is Cambri! I wish she and my little Maya could meet -- they sound like clones! Love the Cambri'isms!

Brandon and Natalie said...

How sweet! Those days (when they act like that) make it all worth it being a mom!

I wish we lived closer too! Maybe someday. We are looking at Colorado to go to after Brandon is done with school.

Rachel said...

How sweet, I love it when kids are little angels. It makes you forget about all their devilish moments! I had to read Cambri's comments to Anthony, because I thought they were so funny. We both loved the book of mormon one.

Jenae said...

I am laughing at your cute girl! She says the funniest things. You better watch out because she is going to be smarter than you soon!

gardeniagirl said...

Hi Jill, this is Charlotte. Of course I remember you. Your blog is very nicely put together - you do a good job. So yeah, go Colorado. We should get together sometime, when we're in the Denver neighborhood.

Amy said...

Ok...that made me laugh so hard! Sorry you had a migraine! Aren't they the worst?