Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Happy Birthday Adam!

Today is Adam's 26th birthday--he's getting so old! To celebrate I'm going to write down 26 things that I think everybody should know about him:

1. He has taught himself how to fix our dryer, sprinklers, toilets, and anything else that needs fixing.
2. He wakes up at 5 every morning to run.
3. He makes breakfast every Saturday and Sunday for all of us.
4. He lets me sleep in on Saturdays (even though I get up after him during the week).
5. He LOVES to play video games, but only in spurts. He'll play them all of the time for about 2 weeks, then won't touch them for another 2 months or so.
6. He loves the outdoors. If the weather is nice and we have semi-close errands to run, it means we're walking.
7. He hates olives.
8. During the summer you can't get the kid to come inside. He wants to eat dinner outside and then just sit on our deck and do nothing...literally nothing.
9. He wants to own his own business someday and currently leaves for work 2 hours early so that he can achieve that goal.
10. He the most patient person that I know.
11. He prefers me to cut his hair over anybody else, even though I'm terrible.
12. Right when he walks through the door after work he immediately plays with Cambri and Kate--no rest time for this guy!
13. His own special rule--when he's home he gets all of the poopy diapers.
14. He loves kids. His especially, but he loves to play with all kids.
15. He bought me the exact ring that I wanted even though he always thought he would only buy his future wife a gold band.
16. He wants to go camping every weekend this summer.
17. He sacrifices a lot for his family--for example he's using two of his vacation days so that I can go to Women's Conference and hasn't complained yet!
18. Speaking of complaining, he literally is not capable of doing it. I have not once heard him complain about anything!
19. He drove from Denver to Reno to get me a minivan...and of course was happy to do it.
20. Is running a half-marathon with me because I wanted him to.
21. Has a firm belief that one should never pay to run...which makes #20 all the more amazing.
22. Scored in the 97th percentile on his GMAT.
23. Was on a four-year scholarship at BYU.
24. He absolutely LOVES Mexican food and many times has only chips and salsa for a meal.
25. Has the hardest time gaining weight so he sometimes will have HUGE bowl of ice cream right before he goes to bed.
26. Is the best husband, father, friend, brother, and son there is!

Happy Birthday Adam! You're the greatest!

4 comments:

The Paulks said...

Happy Birthday Adam! I'm glad Jill has such a great hubby! And Jill, sorry I used you as my example, you are just so darn talented...

Brandon and Natalie said...

Happy Birthday Adam!

Tim said...

you're a good man, ad-rock.

Brandon and Natalie said...

It just dawned on me. I recgonize that van...;)