Wednesday, March 07, 2007

It's Official...

I'm a soccer mom. Adam picked up our minivan this past weekend and now when I drive it I feel like one of those real live moms. You're probably thinking that I should've been feeling this for about 2 years now since I have a 2 year old and a 5 month old but if you thought that, then you'd be wrong. I REALLY feel like a mom now. Cambri loves it, mostly because she can watch movies now, and Kate seems to be less angry while we're in the car. That could also be due to the fact that she's big enough to play with toys and whatnot. Who knows.

Speaking of Kate, she's been rolling like crazy lately. She's not very happy with herself once she gets onto her tummy, but she's addicted to it like some are addicted to crack. I can't even begin to count how many times I had to roll her back onto her back yesterday so she'd be happy again. Cause and effect, Kate. Cause and effect.

I've also decided that it's high time I potty-trained Cambri. In this circumstance "high time" is easily translated to "I'm sick and tired of changing two sets of poopy diapers." So those of you who have already gone through this lovely time of life, please give me any and all advice as to how it should all go down.

And last but not least--Nevada finished the season by beat New Mexico St. and are now going into the WAC tournament. This Sunday is Selection Sunday and we'll know where they're seeded and where they'll be playing. If I play my cards right then I'll be able to go to the first round with my dad. The only question is this...what do you do with your baby who won't take a bottle but would need a ticket to get in?

4 comments:

The Leithead Family said...

I had good success with the kitchen timer. You have to reserve 3-4 days for exclusive potty training. No trips to the store, the doctor or anything. I bought a new kitchen timer and called it the "potty timer". Bev also got regular panties. (You can also try the thicker "training" type, but I don't like pull-ups as they're just like diapers.) The first day we went and sat on the potty every 15 minutes. She got a small treat every time she went on the toilet. The second day we went every 30 minutes, then third day every 45 minutes. It has to be exciting when the timer goes off so that she'll be excited too. (Hooray! Time to potty!) After the third day I played it by ear, but every hour or so I would say "Let's take a potty break! Yeah!" Be prepared for accidents. Bev is pretty much potty trained now, with about one accident a week. After she was good about pottying regularly, we only gave her treats for pooping on the toilet. (A greater challenge for her.) Now I only sometimes give her a treat. They're squirrled away in my closet now, so I generally give them to her when I want one. :) We started training her mid-January. Only very occasionally does she poo her nighttime diaper some before she gets our help to undo jammies and get to the potty. She still wears a diaper at naptime and bedtime. Some kids take several years to wake up to go to the bathroom. (My niece is 6 and still sleeps through it. Her 4 year old sister goes potty at night, though.)

Good luck!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I am so jealous of you! I want a nice van. What one did you get?

You'll have to ket me knowwhat worked to get Cambri potty trained. I am sick of changing Hyrum's diapers.

Anonymous said...

My dad had Skyler potty trained in less than a day. He got a book called "Potty Training in Less Than A Day". I remember we all had to leave the house for most of the day. There were lots of salty snacks involved so there would be lots of drinking, thus lots of going potty. He also got a baby doll that goes potty so that the child can help the doll go potty. Skyler was trained by the time I came home from work later that day. It seemed to work really well for him. I'm sure you could find the book at barnes and noble... I think that's where he got it. Good luck!

Amy said...

Okay..here goes! Um, the whole potty training in a day thing may work for some people, but it didn't work for us! Granted, after a full day of wetting her pants, she got the general concept after a day, but she still had accidents for a while. After like 4-5 days she had the pee thing down! But it was the poop thing that we had issues with.

I say give treats, and lots of positive reinforcement! Constantly remind them and ask if they need to go...like every 15 minutes throughout the day!

Gwen still wears pull-ups for naps and at night, but soon enough they'll come off...(maybe sometime in the next year!) who knows! Anyway, potty training is hell! But it just gets better with time! We started potty training Gwen in December, and just in the past few weeks she's finally got the poop thing down.

Every kid is different, but you never know. Just have loads of patience, loads of treats, and loads of love! Good luck!