Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Anorexia and the Pain it Causes

I know, I know, two posts in one day and within a matter of minutes of each other. But they just didn't go very well together, which is why they must be separated. I realize I keep talking about how sick Kate is and that's only because it's taking up all of my time and energy so it's pretty much all I think about. But because she's sick, she's not eating and her anorexia is killing me. I won't go into too much detail, but all you moms out there know that when a baby's feeding schedule gets thrown off, you suffer. So this is where I'm at right now: not comfortable and worried that I'm going to have to bottlefeed her way before I wanted to. *Sigh* c'est la vie.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Christian went through a period where he wouldnt eat ANYTHING!!! Normal for toddlers to do at some point. My doctor said that they can sustain themselves on like a couple Tablespoons of food a day. So he eats really good, but yes I had to practically shove food down his cute throat for about a week or so!
I also gave him slim-fast in his bottle. Not to loose weight but for all the nutrients. My doctor told me to. They have drinks for kids like that. I think I just had the slim-fast on hand.

Amy said...

Um...don't beat yourself up if you have to start bottle feeding. I have a low milk supply and I had to start supplementing when Chloe was about 2 months. You're not a bad mom by giving your child formula! Especially if you're doing it so your child can get nourishment.

You're awesome! Just hang in there!

Brandon and Natalie said...

I agree with Amy, don't beat yourself up if you have to give her a bottle. Can you pump what she is not eating to keep up the supply?

Liz said...

I agree to all comments above...I had almost no milk supply so I've been formula feeding now for almost two months now. Calvin was so small and skinny until then and now he's completely filled out and is much healthier. Formula is not horrible.