We sat down and did our budget last night for what seems like the hundredth time. It's not a fun time since it seems like everytime we do it we have to cut money from somewhere--mostly because of me. You see, I have this bad habit of spending money. Yes, I love to do it. Some might say that I'm addicted to it. However, we've reached a time now where I can't do it anymore unless I want to start putting us in debt so my first new goal is to stick to our budget no matter what. I'm very good at justifying why I need a new shirt (it was only $5), or why Cambri needs a new toy (she really likes it) but now I'm making it official:
Goal #1: Stick to the budget.
I also have been complaining to Adam lately that my pants still don't fit me quite right yet since having Kate. He's way too nice to say this, but I'm sure he's thinking, "then why don't you start exercising you lazy sack?" He got me a treadmill for my birthday (a little shoutout to Craigslist here since it was so cheap) and I don't use it nearly as much as I would like. We also have a weights set that we don't use as much as we should. My next goal?
Goal #2: Run at least 3 times a week and lift 3 times a week.
I've been feeling pretty blah lately since my kids are sick, I'm not sleeping, and I haven't been taking any time to do the things that I should be doing. My house is a wreck, the laundry needs to be done, and all the bathrooms need to be cleaned (I have four so you can see why I put it off).
Goal #3: Set up a chore list for the week and stick to it so I don't get behind anymore.
And finally, I have been absolutely terrible when it comes to reading my scriptures and the lessons for church on Sundays. I'm in Primary so I don't actually get to sit in on the SS and RS lessons, but I still would like to read them. So I think my last goal is obvious:
Goal #4: Find a way to eat more steak. Just kidding, well sort of. Find at least 30 minutes a day to read and study.
There you have it--let's rehash just so we're all on the same page.
1. Stick to the budget. I don't need anymore new clothes.
2. Run 3 times a week and lift 3 times a week--mama needs to fit into her pants!
3. Stick to my chore list.
4. Set aside 30 minutes each day for scripture study.
3 comments:
Jill, you are an inspiration. I could have made that list myself. Good luck with sticking to your goals. I think I will make some myself...similar to those.
Wow our "lists" are pretty much the same LOL! Youd better use that treadmill you! Im jealous, I want one. Oh, rule #1 Lindsey!!
Those all sound like goals I need to make. I'm not the type to go spend tons of money, but I'm the same as you...oh I found two shirts for 17 dollars. That's a killer deal!! haha..but those things keep adding up. I understand! Good goals...good luck!
Post a Comment