Thursday, December 21, 2006

Winter Wonderland

It has been snowing for two days straight now and today pretty much everything is closed. Adam didn't have to go to work today (Score!) and yesterday he left at 12:30--although he didn't get home until 5:30. All of the freeways are closed outside of Denver and the Governor declared a state of emergency so that the National Guard could be called up to help rescue people who were stranded on the freeways. We've been bumming around the house since going outside is pretty much out of the question. Here are a few pictures of the craziness that is our city right now! I think it's pretty safe to say we're going to have a white Christmas!This is a picture of our backyard coming out from the garage. The snow is so high that we're thinking the swingset Santa got for Cambri may not make it to the backyard in time for Christmas.This is our fence in the front yard. A couple of cars got stuck here last night, but everybody in our cul-de-sac went out and shoveled a pathway so they could get their cars back into their driveways.Here's Adam's car. We were pretty surprised that he was able to make it as close to our house as he did. I took this from in front of our house, so he only had to cross the street to make it home last night. He was nice enough to take some people close to their houses because their cars had gotten stuck in the snow. I'm just glad that he made it back--even if it took 5 hours.
This is our neighbor's house. They couldn't really get out of their front door, so they've been going in and out through their garage, which is actually what everybody has been doing now that I think about it.Here is the shoveling party that, sadly enough, I could not attend because somebody had to take pictures! This picture doesn't show everybody, but there were about 10-14 people out there shoveling the cul-de-sac so that if people wanted to get out they could. I say they're crazy if they try to go somewhere.
And what post would be complete without a picture of Cambri? You can't really tell in this picture, but the snow is about as tall as she is. She had a great time playing in it until she threw some in her face. After that she wanted to come inside and have hot chocolate (her new favorite treat).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, it looks like you guys are freezing over there. But I know what you're going through. Over here in Sacramento, we had some really mean looking clouds the other day, and it almost looked like it was going to rain and then the temperature dropped down to about 50 and I thought, "Oh great, another one of those killer winter storms!" But then the sun came out and everything was good again.

Hope you guys don't freeze to death and a Merry Christmas to you all.