We all are somebody. Me? I'm the wife of a Texan. A VERY good looking Texan. A Texan that makes me giddy. Everyone should have their own Texan. Just not mine.
Friday, September 10, 2010
Paige's Blessing
Okay, so you know how good moms take pictures of the baby all by themselves in their blessing dress on their blessing day? Well, I have never been accused of being a good mom, so why start now? I do not have a picture of just Paige, just like I don't have a picture of just Haley on her blessing day or just Kate on her blessing day. I do have one of just Cambri on her blessing day, though. One out of four ain't bad. But back to this picture. These girls are cute, but don't pose very well. This is as good as it got. It definitely had potential to be a super cute picture.
Paige was blessed on September 5 by Adam. My dad, two of my brothers (the third one came all the way from Reno to be there, but missed it because he HAD to drop off a souvenir at a friend's house before the blessing), three of my brothers-in-law, and Adam's dad were all able to make the trip. Apparently it was the day to be blessed since there were FOUR baby blessings that day. Boy howdy it was interesting trying to keep the other kids quiet that whole time. I failed, in case you were wondering. But as anyone who has been in church with Haley can attest, it's impossible to keep her quiet for very long. She's just got a lot of emotion she needs to emote*.
All in all it was a great day. The legacy continues and Paige was blessed in the same dress my sisters and I were blessed in, which my mom just happened to make. We're so heirloomish**.
*I didn't actually know emote was a real word. The things you learn while blogging.
**I did know heirloomish wasn't a real word. But I used it anyway. I'm such a rebel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I agree, it was a challenge keeping the kids quiet. If my family hadn't been with me, I think I probably would have lost it. On the third blessing, Tucker said, "I don't WANT to say another prayer!"
Your girls look adorable. I love the dresses! And very cool about you all being blessed in the same dress.
As a Native Texan myself, I loved reading about that day. There were 4 babies blessed. Each by their fathers. Each with very different blessings. Each, touched my heart. Very wonderful day and all 4 of your daughters were absolutely beautiful.
I did not know all of your girl's wore the dress we all did. Pretty cool if I do say so myself.
Very cute picture!!! Adorable kids!!
I took pictures of Evey 2 weeks later in her blessing dress. it was close enough.
SO cute!!! I miss those girls.
Posed or not, the girls look darling. :)
omygosh what a handful! They are so adorable!! It's fun to see you in their faces. Four girls. WHOA!
Post a Comment