We attended our ward campout this year...sort of. We went up to the campsite the night of it--ate dinner, ate dessert, hung out, ate dessert, socialized, hung out, and ate dessert. We did not, however, spend the night this year. After Haley spent the entire night crying last year, I was pretty sure we would've been kicked out had we tried it again. That, and I was GREAT with child. Who wants to camp when they're huge?
It rained a little bit while we were there and these two were so excited to wear their hoods. The simple joys in life.
One of Cambri's "Mom, take a picture of me doing this" moments. I am so glad that I now have a permanent record of her shoving powdered doughnuts into her mouth. My heart is full and my life complete.
Hey Kate--if you've ever wondered why Haley refuses to play with you, this picture might help you to understand.
This girl was in heaven that night--so many treats, so little time to eat them all.
All in all, this year was a success by my standards. We got to hang out with friends, eat tin foil dinners, and then sleep in our own beds (until 8 in the morning). Now if I can just convince Adam that this is the REAL way to camp. Yeah, not likely.
2 comments:
How fun. Our ward doesn't do camp outs... and I admit I'm a little sad about it. Church must not be true in the Kyrene Ward in Tempe, AZ. hm.
I love reading your posts. My kids do the exact same things!! I agree, that is a great way to camp!
Briahna
Post a Comment