It's been awhile. We've been out of town and now we are back and have no plans to travel for a long time. 2500 miles in 9 days will do that to you.
I ran my second half marathon this year on November 14th. My words to describe that one? Horrible. That was the hardest course in the history of hard courses. Picture the hardest race you've ever run, now take that race and times its hardness by fifty and that's about where this one was. To prove my point, the first female finisher did it in 1:47:43. Meaning she had 8:14 minute miles. See? Told you it was hard. My time was 2:14:49. Super slow, except for when you add in the fact that 11 miles of the race was up a mountain.
I thought that was going to be my last race of the year, but then I forgot about a Turkey Trot and as most anybody knows, I had to do one of those. This one was a 5 mile race in Austin and the course was pretty easy. Problem was that I had a killer sideache right from the start (killer as in I still felt it three days later) so I didn't get the time I was on pace for. I ended up with a time of 42:09. Not nearly as good as I could've gotten, but pretty good considering I had to walk on any downhill because it hurt too bad to run down them.
And then I thought that one was going to be my last race of the year until my brother talked me into doing one on Dec. 26. It's just a 5k, so it'll be a breeze. Unless of course there's a foot of snow on the ground. At least it'll mean I got a white Christmas.
1 comment:
I'm still sad that I didn't get to see you while you were in the area -- timing is everything, that's for sure! Sigh.
Post a Comment