I didn't like the book Marley and Me.
Not even a little.
In fact, it was a fight within myself just to finish the dang thing. Going into the book, I knew it was about a dog who died (I assumed the dying part because everyone said it was so sad). I am NOT a dog person. But there were many people who said they weren't dog people either and they really enjoyed it. So I read it. And now I can honestly say that I am REALLY not a dog person. Throughout the book I kept wondering when the owners were going to shoot the dog (told you I wasn't a dog person).
And it doesn't stop there. I also didn't like the movie. Although this time I didn't force myself to finish it.
So there you have it. The only person in the whole world who doesn't like the book or movie.
The end. I hope we can all still be friends.
Just let him go. You'll be better off.
10 comments:
wow. if only we lived in the same state i think we would actually be the same person. except that i didn't read or watch because i knew i wouldn't like it. i just don't get it. and, you know those dog adoption commercials with all the sappy music, etc. those drive me crazy.
I never even tried, so you have one up on me. I know I'm not a dog person and will never be.
Oh good. My husband thinks I'm an awful person for being not just "dog person" but an actual dog hater. The thought of Marley and Me makes me want to barf.
Ha! I didn't even bother trying to watch the movie. I couldn't convince a co-worker that I really didn't want to watch it, so I obligingly took it home. It sat in my work bag for a week.
Sounds like you're not alone from the previous comments... but I will add my AMEN and HALELUJAH to your post. I haven't tried the book, because when I watched the movie I got so frustrated at the stupid owners who put the dumb dog before their kids that I almost flipped my lid. BTW, I know you're a reader. I just finished Jodi Picoult's "Change of Heart" and would highly recommend it.
I didn't watch the movie because it didn't interest me at all. I don't like dogs even if there not my responsibility. I don't like other peoples dogs, I don't want a dog of my own. It took me owning a couple of dogs before I realized this (oops).
Ya, I never even had the desire to see the movie or read the book, so don't feel too bad! When are we going to do a playdate? My family is finally back at home!
This has to be one of the funniest post you've ever written. I am a dog person but the post was too good to be hatin'. I'm still your friend.
I really hate dog movies and can't fathom reading a dog book. dogs are not my friends with their sniffing and drooling, and biting and barking...nope. no dogs for me. thank you.
Jill you are so funny! I did not like the movie at all, I couldn't wait for that stupid dog to die! I definately will not be getting anywhere near the book!
Post a Comment