Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Happiest Place on Earth


This is our destination for our FIRST family trip that is not to one of our parents' houses. Watch out.

Question. When did you go to Disneyland and was it crowded? I need all the advice I can get to make the most of our trip. Websites, hotels, time of year, color underwear to wear. I need it all.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

Fun! I haven't been to Disneyland in a long time, but, as a CA native, I can tell you that the summer months are the WORST time to go--100 degree weather and loooong lines. But you probably already knew that.

I would say Oct, Nov, Jan, Feb are the best months. Mid-week is best.

Liz said...

white underwear.

Dave said...

Hey Jill,
I heard that if you can get ahold of the season pass calender you can get quite a bit of info of that. They have certain days that are "blacked out" because they foresee it as being very busy. Plan on the beach on the blackout days and plan on disneyland on other days.

Briahna said...

We went last summer and it was a BLAST! We went in July and everyone said it would be awful but it wasn't. The key for us was that we would get up early and go right when the park opened, go home and take a nap and eat lunch, then go back in the afternoon. If you go right when it opens there are very short lines. Also, we stayed at a hotel/motel right across the street so we just walked back and forth and didn't feel bad going home for the nap/lunch. One of the key things for me was the expectation that this is a kids trip. You just have to expect fits and little kid desires and roll with the punches. We only had one kid out and about, however, so we didn't have to battle sibling differences in opinion.
It was seriously a super fun vacation, though. Oh, and my mom came so we had 3 adults--very very helpful.

If you have more questions, you can email me!
Have fun, I'm totally jealous.

Amy Marie Gessel said...

I love Disneyland! My husband works for ABC which is owned by DIsney. I may be able to hook you up with discounts. IF you take me with you I can get you in for free, haha:) I will E-mail you.

Angie said...

SO FUN! It really is the happiest place on earth. My advice is not to take a six week old, which we did when we went. As a teenager, we always used to go over fall break in October, and the crowds weren't too bad. Make sure to pack lots of batteries for the camera, be prepared to stay out late, and make sure the girls meet the princesses. Lily was 3 when we went, and she got to walk with Cinderella and sit on her lap. It was the absolute highlight of the trip for her, and maybe for me too.

erica said...

we're planning on going in november for thanksgiving. that should be good, right?

preferably clean underwear. white.

Janelle said...

I went about 11 years ago. It may or may not have been crowded. I doubt the leader of our group used the internet to plan or purchase any part of the trip. Hope that helps!

Aimee said...

We try to go every couple of months and the best times to really go are when it's raining, and that's it. There's ALWAYS a crowd. We actually went this past Saturday but it wasn't too bad. You can get fast passes though, and Rider Switch tickets since you'll have the babies and that way you can both ride without having to wait in line all over again. ;)

Oh yeah, and green underwear. Half green, half yellow.

Cassie said...

Oh girl you asked a loaded question to the Disney queen ding dong (that's me by the way). Best time of year is February and end of August beginning of September before they change into winter hours. Any Best Western Hotels are good, like the Stovall's Inn and the Anaheim Inn. Their both in walking distance to Disneyland and both have shuttles.

Also go to Disneyland.com and on the right hand side of the site you'll see 2 yellow tabs. Click on Choose an Experiance. It will give you options that will best suite your family trip i.e. Fairy Tale Fantasy, Little Ones (my fav), Families w/ kids. Click on the one you want and it gives you tons of info.

Finally, you can get the book Fodor’s Disneyland & Southern California With Kids by Michael Knight. Gives tons of great Disney info. Love it!

Want more info, email us. Have fun!

P.S. The princess shop has these really cute pack of Monday- Sunday panties too. :)