Cambri:
1. While reading books to the girls I asked them to scoot over and give some room as they were both sitting on my lap while I was feeding Haley. Cambri's response? "Mom, you have some room. You're sitting on it."
2. "Mom, sometimes I can't listen to you because you just don't make any sense."
3. Whenever Adam has a late meeting or works late and isn't home when the girls go to bed Cambri asks me to have him come in to give her a hug and a kiss and to talk to her. I always tell her that if she's awake, I'll have him come in, but that she needs to go to sleep. After one of these conversations she said, "Mom, you say that he can come in and talk to me if I'm awake, but then you tell me to go to sleep. That's not fair."
4. And her newest phrase..."we never get to (insert whatever I just told her she couldn't do here).
Kate:
There are just entirely too many to list, so I will just share what I found last night when I came upstairs after working out.
As I'm walking up the stairs I can immediately smell Kate's lotion. She's has been mildly obsessed with putting lotion on, so I figured she had gotten into it again. Mind you she had to climb up onto a pretty high (as in taller than me) dresser to get it. I go in the room to find her like this:
Now you'll notice that she has started to undress herself. What you might not notice, however, is that she has also taken off her diaper and peed a few times. She has been taking off her diaper a lot lately and I know I should probably potty train her, but so far my desire to not potty train far outweighs my desire to stop finding surprises like this. Surprising? Not if you've already potty trained another one of your kids. What you'll also notice is that she has about three hundred and sixty-five books in her bed with her. What's so pillish about this? She had her books taken away because she wouldn't stay in her bed--meaning she isn't supposed to have any books in bed. She also had about ten more stashed underneath her pillow.
After I take the picture, she wakes up, follows me into my room, and is all excited that we're going to hang out. This is all around 9:30 last night. See? Pills.
And for good measure she just handed me a backpack and stated, "you can't have this because it's too cool for you."
12 comments:
cute little pills, your girls crack me up!
Ha ha! Aren't kids rewarding?!
Your girls make me smile because they are both so articulate. They can tell you exactly what they are thinking -- and they do.
Love it!
You sure have your hands full. You are my hero, and your kids are hilarious!
Oh, and I think anyone who is a parent understands that you adore your kids and want to strangle them at the same time.
I only counted 7 books.
I love reading your blog for the very reason that you make me feel like I am not the only mother that on days can not stand my children. I love your children and your stories.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!
I've got a couple of pills over here as well! Isn't being a mother just the best! (truth and sarcasm all in one!)
I agree cute little pills. They are too funny!
What characters! That post made me laugh so hard cause who really wants to read about how sweet their kids are!? This is so much more entertaining because it is true. Hahaha
that is so funny! frustrating, but funny.
Post a Comment