Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Book Time

Okay, so right here, right now, I'm going to admit that I am a genius. A real-life genius. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't know much about anything, but I have figured out the perfect way to buy me some time away from my kids without them getting into trouble. See? I told you I was a genius.

Except I'm not using it right now and as we speak (or rather as I type) I hear Kate telling Cambri, "It's okay. Sometimes I just do naughty things." Yeah, not touching that one right now.

Anywho, back to me being a genius. It's something I call "Book Time." Like most kids, my kids love books and love to "read" to each other. They think the coolest thing in the entire world is when I let them lay in their beds and read books. So when I want them in bed at 6:30, but I don't necessarily want them to fall asleep that early? I say they can lay in bed and have book time...and I won't even turn the lights out for awhile! Aren't I awesome? Or this morning when I wanted to sleep longer? How about you two go back into your beds and have book time! How exciting! And I didn't even get up until 8 this morning. Yes, lazy, I know.

So there you have it. Pure genius.

8 comments:

Janelle said...

I hope your kids don't grow out of book time for a real long time.

Jan said...

Oh, you are. Smartest woman ever -- I love it!

Jenn said...

I am SO using that! You always have "genius" ideas!

The Paulks said...

You are a genius, but I already knew that. By the way, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your card and announcement! In fact, I think I'm going to email Sam. They turned out awesome! Your friend Kim did a great job too!

Greg and Tammy said...

Genius is selling yourself short!! Amazing I tell ya'! I gotta remember that one!!

Jackie said...

You ARE a genius! If only my 7 month old would fall for that.

Brandon and Natalie said...

I always knew you were a genius!

meg said...

that is so smart--congratulations to me for knowing you, a true genius. =)
also, love your christmas card, the birth announcement, and congratulations on a beautiful baby girl! i'm a little late, i know. hope you had a merry christmas.