Tonight is our ward campout. Since Adam loves camping and he hasn't gone yet this summer, he is very excited to go. He is also very excited to take the girls camping--something about a great, cheap vacation. Who knows, I wasn't really listening.
I've been going back and forth for awhile now trying to decide if I want to go with them. As you recall, I've already gone camping this summer---FOR THREE STRAIGHT DAYS, nonetheless. Did I mention that I was pregnant while I was camping? Did I mention that I'm even MORE pregnant now than I was then--if you can even imagine. And did I mention that if I stayed home I would have the whole house to myself with no one to put to bed or clean up after or yell at?
So you can imagine what I've decided. I'm going camping. Okay, okay, kidding. I'm definitely staying at home and enjoying my quietitude (I can make up words if I feel like it). Adam will take both girls camping on his own and I will take myself to the basement to veg. Could life get better?
So what do I plan on doing? Watching the Olympics of course. But prior to that I must make a run to the store. For one thing, this house has NO chocolate in it. How does that happen? And how have I survived long enough to even talk about it? These are questions that I cannot answer. I will pick up chocolate of some sort (I don't have time to get See's, which breaks my heart), and anything else that looks necessary. Ice cream? Already have that. But I may need another one. Marshmallow topping for my ice cream? Must get. Must, must, must. I'm thinking about committing the ultimate sin as well. I think I deserve it.
You enjoy your night tonight. While you're brushing teeth, wiping bums, chasing kids back into bed, and sharing the remote think of me. It won't make you feel better, but it will probably do wonders for me.
4 comments:
Bwaahaahaaa!
you deserve the break...we didn't go to the campout either, and they're probably getting rained on just about now! I'm not jealous at all, and I really do love camping, just not when I'm 8 months prego.
LUCKY!K I fly in tomorrow pick me up at the airport!!!!! I wish!!!
I agree, you do deserve a break. I hope you enjoyed the time alone.
Post a Comment