Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Let's Rethink This...

With this pregnancy, I have found it much more difficult to remember that I'm pregnant. My other two have decided to up the energy level to epic proportions, which makes it difficult to remember to use the restroom. Whatever the reason, I forget that I'm pregnant probably 85% of the time. The other 15% is more than likely when I'm trying to get dressed and I can't squeeze myself into pants.

When I actually do remember that I'm currently cooking up number 3 (in a time where I'm not depressed because I have no clothes to wear), I am usually excited. However, there are those times where I'm thinking, "what did we do?" These are the times when my other two are fighting like crazy, messing up the house, eating an entire pumpkin pie, spreading an entire tube of $50 cream on their mirror, cutting their hair, climbing on the counters, and otherwise just being their destructive selves. Yeah, it is during these times that I think, "and we thought we were ready for another one?"

Then there are the times that my two hurricanes play so well together. They're helpful, they tell me they love me, they listen to me (that alone is amazing), and they're just all around making life so incredibly good. These are the times where I start planning life with four, instead of the three that we don't have yet.

The point to this post? Well, there's not really one. Other than the fact that I go from being completely fine with being pregnant for the next 3 years to wondering if I really need to wait the entire 9 months before I can meet this baby. Anybody else have these feelings?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear ya! Except I'm not pregnant, and your post is exactly why!

B said...

That's totally how I am feeling too. I'm so happy to be having another one, but totally scared at the same time. I can't imagine being a mom to someone else--how will that affect my relationship with each of them? I think marriage and kids are just like this, you have to do it before you can figure out what it's like and how to deal with it.

Janelle said...

I'm still thinking what did we do.

Jentch said...

I think that daily and I am only expecting number two. I go back and forth between the fact that I am so huge and pregnant and miserable I just want the baby to come no matter what to I have such a good routine down with Addy I dont want any disturbance. If we really thought it all through before we just took the leap of faith no one would be married or have children!

Jan said...

I think my Natalie would echo those feelings -- she's pretty much at the same stage you are and feeling up and down all the time.

Lucy said...

I would be fine being pregnant for 3 years if I stayed at no bigger than 20 or so weeks. Beyond that I don't think I could take it for that long! However, I often wonder what it will be like to have 3, but I'll never know 'til the baby is born. I figure, my kids will fight and be kids no matter how many I have. In the meantime, I just want my kids decently close together so they can be friends and I'll be done sooner! Sanity will come later, right?