Tuesday, February 19, 2008

One Good Daddy

There really isn't any way that you can tell the person that you're going to marry will be a good dad. You can hope that they will, or think that they might. But really, there isn't anyway to really know. You're more interested in the nice things they say to you and do for you, or how they look in their jeans and all of those important things. In all honesty, how they'll be as a father probably doesn't cross your mind as much as those other things.

I guess I just got lucky. Adam is a great dad and the girls just absolutely adore him. As soon as he walks in the door, they'll run to greet him no matter what they were doing, or what kind of mood they were in. I really didn't think much about how he'd be as a dad prior to getting pregnant with Cambri, but like I said...I got lucky.

This was taken about .6 seconds after he walked into the door. He doesn't need an "unwinding" period, he just jumps right in to Daddy mode. I love it. He's a great dad and my girls are very lucky.

4 comments:

Jan said...

That's awesome. Mark was the same way -- and I agree, I never even considered daddy-hood when I was dating him. I just fell in love and got very, very lucky.

Janelle said...

How did he get to the couch and get Cambri's blanket situated and open a book in .6 seconds?? Just kidding, I've seen Adam in action, he requires NO unwinding. It's very cool!

Anonymous said...

It is such a gamble! When we were dating/getting serious, I stressed about how John would be at so many things. I think I thought about how he'd be as a dad briefly, but I didn't know HOW important it would be until later. Hooray for good daddies! And hooray that I don't have to make that decision again!!

Brandon and Natalie said...

What a cute picture!The girls were lucky they got a great daddy!