Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Have You Ever?

Have you ever had a time where only your left nostril was congested and giving you runny nose problems? Okay--that's weird. You see, it's my RIGHT nostril that won't stop running and I have the sore redness to prove it.

I've been sick for the past few days. It's a weird kind of sickness--it's like a cold but then add in extreme exhaustion. Like when I go up the stairs and I'm breathing like the fat kid on Field Day. Oh, and my legs feel like I've just climbed vesuvius and are unwilling to do any more work for the rest of the day. And today has been the first day I've gotten dressed or showered since Sunday. Yeah, that kind of exhaustion. One might argue that the last one was laziness and I would have to rebuttal. So please don't argue that.

The point to all of this is that I'm sick and I don't like it one bit. It might be fine if I didn't have kids. Then I could just lay around all day, watching my stories, and eating bon bons. Unfortunately, once you have them little buggers, there's no returning 'em, no matter how defective you think they are. They have been pretty good, though. In fact, they're both taking naps right now while I sit on my duff and avoid the three loads of laundry that need to be folded.

Maybe if I sit around long enough we'll just wear all of the clothes that are now taking over my bed and I'll never have to end up actually folding them. Let's all hope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow you are so weird.

Rachel said...

that's usually the case with my laundry, we end up just wearing them before I put them away!

Get feeling better soon, I've decided it's crappy being sick as a mom.

that's so wierd it's your right nostril :)