Thursday, January 10, 2008

Down and Out

We found out today that Cambri has the flu. The poor little thing has just been laying around the house for the past few days with a high fever and complaining that her body hurts. So I finally took her in today and after getting a Q-tip shoved up her nose (I really didn't know it could go up that far), it was definite that's what she has. So we'll just hang around the house for a week or so and maybe not even get dressed. I told her that she could wear her Dora pajamas that she received from Santa, and that made her feel better. So then I changed into scrub clothes and we're all feeing better now.

But here's the question of the day--she did get her flu shot and still got the flu. I used to never get the flu shot and only had the flu once, when I was in 4th grade. Wait, okay, here's the question:

What are your feelings about the flu shot?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I BOTH have the flu right now and I made him promise me that we would get a flu shot together next year. I am PRO flu shot!

Amy said...

I'm pro flu shot...but the way I figure it, it's not going to hurt you. So if it prevents anything...than great!!!

Jan said...

I totally used to refuse to get the flu shot till I had my big health crash in Reno (do you remember that? It was bad!) and now I faithfully get one every year. Just in case. That wasn't flu but I figure it could help prevent something.

Kristi said...

That's such a bummer to a parent to still get the thing you tried so hard to prevent. I hope Cambri's feeling lots better. I reluctantly get a flu shot for Connor every year.

This Girl said...

I got a flu shot every year as a kid and I also got the flu every year as a kid. I don't make my kids get the shots and Parley has only gotten the flu once and Ethan has never had it. I think that they can work but don't always so I don't make my kids go through having to get a shot.