Thursday, December 06, 2007

I Made It!


The past week and a half has been what some might refer to as "busy." Last Friday we had our ward Christmas party, so I went up to help set up, hurried home to make funeral potatoes and spiced apples, then we went back up to the party. Saturday we had our family pictures in the morning, I went to my brother-in-law's game (he coaches at Littleton), followed by our own Christmas party that night. Sunday I made two pies and 24 cupcakes before our 9:30 church (I also had to get the girls ready on my own since Adam has meetings) and then we had a family birthday party for me and my two nephews, Howie and Dirk that night. Monday was dinner with my sisters at the Cheesecake Factory for my birthday, Tuesday was mutual, and last night was Enrichment. Oh yeah, and sometime this past week I managed to make 50 Christmas cards, 80 peanut butter cookies, 100 butter cookies, 80 cake balls, two batches of fudge, and two batches of rice krispie treats. Now all I have to do is deliver them and I'll be set. I guess I should also start doing laundry and packing for my month long expedition. Maybe I shouldn't be jinxing myself that it'll all get done. Anyhow, that's where I've been this week. Glad it's almost over!

9 comments:

Jenae said...

Wow Jill, you really put me to shame. I thought I have been all high and mighty because I have kept our upstairs pretty much spotless the last week. You get the super mom award!

John and Laura said...

Wow--you're really ambitious! The treats look yummy!

Amy said...

Didn't realize you were wonder-woman!!!

Janelle said...

When should we be expecting our plate?

Jan said...

The cookies look awesome. Now I'm sadder than ever that we don't live within cookie-delivery distance. Sigh.

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness girl! What a whirlwind! I'm still getting over the face that you made the pies and cupcakes BEFORE church and got the girls ready on your own. You go girl. You go.

Brandon and Natalie said...

I am impressed! Way to go on getting all the accomplished. By the way, your treats look really yummy. Care to share the reciepes?

The Bentley's said...

yummy treats jill they look delish!!

The Paulks said...

thanks for the delicious treats! We ate them all up!