Cambri: Where's Daddy?
Me: He's at work. (or at least I was pretty sure he was there. I got up WAY after he left, so I could only hope that's where he ended up this morning.)
Cambri (with a super sad face on): But Daddy doesn't work.
Me: When we're on vacation he doesn't. But when we're at home he has to work so we can keep living in our house.
Cambri: I don't want to live in our house.
So you see, we're still struggling over here. I also can't find the cord to our camera so I can post pictures of our weekend. Mostly it's just pictures of the lights on Temple Square, but that's better than a bucket of bile. Whenever I find that, I'll be sure to post them.
We did get to go to the BYU/Utah game because David (my brother-in-law) is awesome and got us tickets. Let me tell you that I'm pretty sure my heart is still recovering after that game. When it was 4th and 18 and Hall was just about to get sacked, I was pretty much halfway up the stairs to leave before Utah could celebrate. Luckily the Bentley blood in me prevented me from not looking and thus, it was a Thanksgiving miracle.
I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving that all of your houses are appropriately decorated for Christmas now. If not, then you have some serious work to take care of.
Unfortunately, this picture was not taken by me. But I can't help but wish that it was.
4 comments:
You have expressed the same thoughts that every mother has after a vacation -- where's Daddy? That's so hard for the kids and for you -- we need more daddy time all around!
That's so sad!!! John has a three week break coming up in December, and I remember last year it was so hard to go back to "normal" life! The girls got so used to having him there. And me too!!!
Oh...and I can't find the cord to my camera either. Funny!!!
At first I thought Adam must have been driving to get that awesome speed! Maybe you could move back to that spacious apartment near us. Cambri would love that.
You did not call me when you were in Provo and I am a tad bit offended...we are still friends even if has been a little or long while since we have talked :) --Laura (Steeby) Robins
Post a Comment