We all are somebody. Me? I'm the wife of a Texan. A VERY good looking Texan. A Texan that makes me giddy. Everyone should have their own Texan. Just not mine.
Monday, September 03, 2007
A Small Secret About Me
I am extremely stubborn. Right now both of my kids are in a hard stage, for me at least. Cambri is becoming more and more independent and wants to do everything by herself, which makes me wonder if all children are curly, dimpled lunatics. Kate is becoming more and more dependent which makes me think that if evolution really works, how come mothers only have two hands? Because of this I have felt pretty overwhelmed lately and I'm not quite sure how to fix it. Adam always has great ideas, but they usually involve me actually doing something about the situation to change it. But I think that I am far too stubborn to do something like that. I'm in my routine and that's how it is. Is it working? Nope. Do I change it, maybe for a day--or two if I'm lucky. So why do I do this to myself? I have no idea except that it must be some scientific experiment or something like that. Here's to a new week (even though it's practically Tuesday) and to a new me. I will read the same book 16 times without complaining, I will play with play-doh and practice with scissors on the same day, and I will absolutely play peek-a-boo until I pass out. I can do it--I'm supergirl (or so Cambri says).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
You can definitely do it. Mom-hood sure seems to me to be nothing but repetition a lot of the time -- and it gets old for sure. You're wonderful -- your kids are lucky to have you!
I hear you!! Being a mom is so hard, but then the next week it's so fun, and back and forth. I think the important thing is to not give yourself a hard time about it. Do your best and remember how lucky your kids are to have a mom and a dad who provide the necessities for them. Good luck!
I love your willpower. Can you tell me where to get some? Perhaps Wal-mart?
Post a Comment