Tuesday, May 22, 2007

What I've Learned The Past 2 Years

I have been a mom now for a little over two years and in that time I've learned a lot--sometimes babies just cry, my clothes will never be clean, my life will never be perfect, my children will never be perfect (and that's okay), Cambri's hair will not stay cute all day, all kids hit and push and throw tantrums, don't cry over spilled milk--to name a few things. But I think the most important thing that I've learned hit me the other day after I had a conversation with a lady who does not have any kids. She was commenting about how she could not believe that some kids hit other kids and the moms obviously don't do anything about it, about how some kids only eat junk (in her opinion), that kids should know better than to cry in a store, and on and on and on. My first thought was from my friend Liz. If you click on that link you'll notice a list of her "Mommy Lessons" but my favorite one is number 8. The best thing that I've learned in the past two years is that all moms are trying so don't judge them. If the moms of all kids that hit had to run laps every time it happened--I'd be the skinniest person in the world. Do my kids have a perfect diet? Of course not, but I'm trying. Do my kids behave perfectly in stores? Usually not unless I bribe them with a cookie. So my thought for the day is that all moms are doing the best that they can and if you think that you can do it better, then let me know how that goes once you actually have kids.

1 comment:

Amy said...

AMEN SISTER!!!